Stellenbosch Vineyard Meander Bike Tour
- About 6 hours
For those that want to slow down the pace and spend the day absorbing their surroundings, book yourself on a relaxed meander through the winelands. Riders will visit three superb wineries for an a la carte lunch and a unique tasting experience.
Clients to advise on whether they wish to self-drive, or whether they will utilise the complimentary shuttle service from the &Bikes boutique in downtown Cape Town. The complimentary shuttle bus is available on a first come, first serve basis. Bikes 'n Wines cannot guarantee daily availability during peak season.
Self-drive guests: meet at Asara Hotel at 10h00 and can expect to be done by +/-16h00. Transfer guests to meet at 09h00 at the &Bikes Boutique, corner of Loop Street and Waterkant Street, Cape Town CBD and can expect to be back by +/-17h00 .
Please enquire for a transfer quote if you would like a hotel pickup.
Good to know
- Minimum age 16 years
- Tours are weather dependent
- Clients to ensure they are capable of cycling 10km over the course of a day
- Vehicle transfers to be arranged by request only
- Client to be aware that bikes are mountain bikes and not city cruisers
- Clients to note that cycling is done off-road, and not on paved cycle paths
- Fully guided tour – 1 guide per 10 guests
- Mountain bike and helmet rental
- Snack pack (including bottled water, choc & peanuts/raisins)
- All wine tastings on route (3 estates visited)
- Complimentary transfer from the &Bikes Café in downtown Cape Town to Stellenbosch and return (Subject to availability)
- Lunch – We will stop at an estate en route for lunch at clients own account
- Additional wine purchases made on the day
- Gratuities (optional)
- Comfy clothes suitable for weather
- Closed shoes ideal for cycling
- Swimming costume
- Sun block
- Money for any extras not included
Had a great experience out in Elgin with a super guide and fun time for all, highly recommended.
We had a great tour with Innocent and Linda. The guys are super friendly and welcoming. The bikes are good maintained. So I asume that they have changed them if I read older reviews.
I would recommend you to do this trip if you know how to bike! It is a little challenging for those who have never ride a bike before.
The boys gave a food explanation about making wine. However it would be nice to have heard about the process of making wine from a winemaker.
We did two separate outings with Bikes 'n Wines. The first was through Cape Peninsula park to the Cape of Good Hope. The second was a luxury tour through the Stellenbosch wine country. We loved both. Our guide, Abi, was with us for both trips. He was great! Told us a lot about the different areas and interesting facts about culture. We are amateur bikers so some of the hills in the wine country were a little challenging, but Abi helped us up those too. He was amazing. The views on both bike trips were great. We had so much fun and would definitely recommend them as a great way to see the Western Cape. Ask for Abi!
Awesome! The complimentary transfer was great, and the guide knows how to make your day! The biking through the vineyards gives you such a different perspective because you are able to go where cars do not go! Biking downhill gives you such a satisfying feeling and combined with the excellent wine tastings en-route and all explanations from the guide, I had an amazing day! 10/10 would recommend!
Medium Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 48 hours before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 48 hours days before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.