Shark Cage Diving with RETURN Transfer from Cape Town
- About 4 hours
Unlike bungy jumping or sky diving, the adrenaline rush from shark cage diving comes from being face to face with one of the world’s greatest predators: the Great White Shark.
The experience puts you in their territory while the safety of the activity allows you to be an observer and learn what Great White Sharks are really like. An on board marine biologist will educate you about this amazing apex predator.
Shark cage diving is safe for children and elders and gives the whole family a wonderful opportunity to bond in a fun environment surrounded by experts and researchers.
After this once in a life time experience, you’ll find yourself buzzing with excitement and adrenaline. You will have had the opportunity to come up close and personal with one of the oceans most majestic and foreboding creatures.
Here is a brief breakdown of what to expect once you arrive:
- Before the trip guests meet at THE GREAT WHITE HOUSE in Kleinbaai
- You will receive breakfast or lunch and register your wetsuit size
- Guests receive a pre-trip safety briefing about what to expect during the trip and a biological background on great white sharks
- We then take a 200m stroll down to the harbour to board Slashfin (our boat)
- Travel time to Dyer Island is approximately 20 minutes, with the shallows being a short 10 minute ride (where we anchor depends on where the sharks are)
- On average, we anchor for 2 hours, but this depends on shark activity, conditions, as well as number of divers
- Weather permitting, we take a quick trip through the infamous Shark Alley
- Lastly, a debrief in the Great White House and a celebratory beverage to toast the occasion!
Good to know
- The service is weather dependent. Contact must be made 24 hours before the time of the excursion to be informed about the local weather and sea conditions.
- Time slots are not confirmed times. Please ensure that you make the whole day available as we can only confirm times the day before, and is not negotiable.
- No age restriction
- Return transfer from Cape Town
- A Shark cage dive/viewing guided by a marine biologist
- A light meal (breakfast or lunch depending on time of trip)
- Refreshments on board
- Soup and bread on return
- Wetsuits & boots
- Life jackets
- Waterproof jacket
- A video link of your experience can be purchased in addition to the dive/viewing excursion (cost R200)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Anti Nausea medication (should seasickness be a concern- recommend that it is taken the night before and two hours prior to the trip)
- Bathing costume
- Warm clothing (it is cold on the water when the wind blows)
- Wind breaker
This was an all around great experience! I just went shark cage diving with Marine Dynamics today (Sept 2, 2019) and I would recommend it to anyone! Everything went very smoothly from beginning to end. The staff were super friendly and they watched all of the passengers closely. They made sure we were safe and noticed when we needed help without us even having to ask. We saw three different kinds of sharks with one of them being a 12 foot great white...AMAZING! If shark cage diving is on your bucket list like it was on mine, do it with Marine Dynamics. You are in great hands with them.
good experience and it is a good association. the experience comes with a breakfast and a lunch. we learn lots of thing about sharks. water cold :) but.... we survive d thanks to the good swimmingsuits.
We loved our experience. Our group reserved a private excursion. The staff and experience was exceptional. Due to our scheduling limitations, we only had a little over an hour to spend on the boat. Nonetheless, the staff accommodated our schedule and every request.
BEST COMPANY EVER!! We loved our trip and the staff were simply amazing — but we didn’t receive hot soup and bread on the way back like the description
Cannot say enough about this place!! Absolutely incredible experience. We booked the shark cage dive with transfer from cape Town our driver texted us the.evening before with a time and was very prompt and professional. A light breakfast was served when we got there along with coffee and juice while we checked in and went over safety. Then we got our gear and on the boat. Cannot say enough about this staff and the volunteers, they made sure everyone was having a great time and was taken care of. I felt a little sick and didn't want to go inside the cabin and the volunteers was nice enough to go in for me for drinks and snacks.
The view is better from the boat since the water is murky but such a cool experience in the cage (water in April was pretty chilly even with a full wet suit). The staff offers you hot chocolate or tea waiting for you when you get out with a dry towel. They seem responsible with what they do, they don't feed the sharks and don't encourage them to hit the cage so they don't get injured. They truley care for these animals! They'll answer any questions you may have. We were lucky enough on our trip to see 10 coppers and 1 great white. I felt very safe with then throughout. Don't underestimate the soup and bread at the end, it's delicious and you'll chow down after a long day!
Would absolutely recommend this company!
What a fantastic experience!!! No great whites this time but plenty of other sharks. Staff were helpful, friendly and very knowledgeable. Would definitely do again!
Just wow. 5 ⭐️ 10/10. An epic experience from start to finish with a fantastic organised company and team.
+ Some of the other experiences we have had in SA are a bit rough around the edges and haphazard. But this was super slick and well organised! Such as unexpected elements of breakfast and lunch.
+ Informative, educational, well run, friendly, hands on making it a real worth while experience.
+ The team knew their stuff and having Toby on board was so brilliant. Everyone really went out of their way both on the boat and in the water. Doing their best to talk about the sharks and other wildlife.
+ With so many different passengers (some being sea sick - me included) they were really attentive making sure we were all looked after and talked to.
+ Insanely lucky to see Great Whites (albeit not super up close) but moreover to see Copper Sharks 🦈 flip out the water.
I’d highly recommend Marine Dynamics to anyone wanting a truly brilliant experience on the water. Go out with an open mind rather than any expectations and be prepared to have them go over and above!
Please do this. I am 51 and did not want to come out of my comfort zone..!!Tammy from Marine Dynamics was fantastic and made everyone feel at ease. They are very professional and when you get in the cage you can keep coming up and down -no oxyven tank needed. We were fortunate enough tk be up close and personal with Copper Sharks and a great white. So glad I did it.
Extremely well planned/organized trip. The staff was very nice and had a lot of interesting facts. I can definitely recommend this activity.
Medium Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 48 hours before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 48 hours days before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.