Sandboarding is a boarding sport similar to the popular snowboarding.
It is an awesome recreational activity that takes place on our Large +-230 meter high sand dune rather than on a snow covered mountain. This boarding sport has adherents throughout the world, most prevalent in desert areas or coastal areas with beach dunes.
We are very fortunate to have one of Africa's Highest Commercial and boarding dunes a stone throw away from Cape Town in Betty's Bay.
* Our guide/s will provide you with training and safety on the dune.
* Sand-boarding is a wonderful activity as its both fun and extreme (depending on your skills as you progress)
* Once our training session has finished we will start off with a smaller section of the dune. * We will progress higher and higher up on the dune as your skills improve.
* Spectators not participating must pay a R40 p.p entry fee. - This must be confirmed prior to arrival.
* Additional Entry fee of R20 p.p is applicable to all participants and must be paid in cash on the day.
You will walk on the dunes so an average fitness is recommended.
The norm is to stand on the sand-board as you descend down the dune but if you prefer to rather sit we will show you the ropes as this is also a lot of fun if your balance seems to get the better of you.
What to bring
* Bottled water is a must as you will get thirsty.
* Sunscreen - in summer!!
What to wear
Comfortable clothes and shoes.
We meet at the dune in Betties Bay. located at the end of Delport Road. You will find a sign saying priviate property - we meet at this sign.
Please note that rain does affect our sandboarding and please contact us the morning of your booking to ensure that the dune is still operational. If in the event of bad weather we will refund or move your booking to a more suitable date. The choice is yours,Timing is everything as we take multiple bookings per day unless you have booked the day exclusively – if you arrive late please understand your actions put us and your group activities under pressure and we will try and give you the full experience if possible. We however reserve the rights to shorten your excursion if need be due to late arrival.
By Booking you agree to our Terms and Conditions on our website www.saforestadventures.co.za under the heading T&C`s
Please note we don’t take a sandboard per person we normally have a good amount of boards we rotate. The reason for this is not only does it minimize the effect on the dune from an environmental perspective but its also a safety factor.
Displaying 5 of 35 View all
Carol Sadie15 January, 2019
Markus Kaufmann7 January, 2019
charli charli28 September, 2018
Mike Romyn2 January, 2019
Shiro W. Mwangi11 October, 2018